My Parcel is Held by Customs
Your are expecting your parcel to be delivered to you by Australia Post, you find that the parcels delivery process has come to an abrupt halt and your parcel delivery status is now showing held pending customs clearance.
The Inspection of international mail items by local and international customs authorities is a standard part of the process of sending or receiving mail from overseas and generally the item continues on its delivery journey smoothly.
At times, the contents of your mail item might need to be held for an extended period by customs or quarantine authorities.
Two of the most common reasons for this include:
- they need to inspect the item further
- an import duty needs to be paid
- If this happens.
Here's what you need to do
- Where your goods are declared or assessed as being valued at A$1,000 or more (excluding alcohol and tobacco), you must make an import declaration to Customs and Border Protection to clear your goods for delivery to you from Australia Post.
- Where goods are valued at A$1000.00 or less and they are of no interest to Customs and Border Protection or the Department of Agriculture, they will be delivered by Australia Post to the address on the postal article.
- Australia Post has sole responsibility for delivery of your postal article, so any enquiries about location of your postal articles or deliveries, must be directed to Australia Post telephone 131318.
- Should you require customs clearance of your parcel , we charge a$75.00+ gst
What we require from you for the customs clearance process
- Parcel Post Notification Card.
This is the notification advice sent to you by Australia Post advising that your purchase has arrived.
- Suppliers Invoice.
This document is your proof of purchase and what you have paid for your consignment. For example it can be your eBay or PayPal receipt or any other document from the supplier that which list the description and costs of all your products.
- We will process your import declaration ,calculate your duty and tax liability and send you our invoice for payment,then once paid.
- We will arrange with Australia post to send on your parcel for delivery to you